2020 Volkswagen Atlas vs. 2020 Honda Pilot
Drivers from Starkville to Oxford are looking for the next best full-size SUV for their family. Many Tupelo area drivers find themselves comparing the 2020 Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot. Both SUVs are great options. Both prove to have strong powertrains and roomy interior cabins. However, it is important to note, the Volkswagen Atlas offers more of what your family needs in a competitive SUV. Compare the new Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot below, compliments of the team at Barnes Crossing Volkswagen. Once you’ve read up on the compelling features, including the Volkswagen Atlas interior, find your Volkswagen Atlas for sale at our Tupelo dealership.
Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot: Price
The 2020 Volkswagen Atlas comes in at a slightly more competitive price point than the 2020 Honda Pilot. This means that your Volkswagen Atlas lease payments are going to be lower. Below is an overview of each base-level trim’s prices:
- 2020 Volkswagen Atlas S: Starting from $31,545 MSRP
- 2020 Honda Pilot LX: Starting from $31,650 MSRP
Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot: Performance
West Point drivers are looking for strong performance on their daily commute. Compare the specs below:
- Transmission: The Atlas is equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission, while the Pilot offers a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- MPG Ratings: The 2020 Volkswagen Atlas earns an EPA-estimated 20 mpg city, while the 2020 Honda Pilot earns 19 mpg city.
- Towing Capacity: The Atlas provides an impressive towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds. The new Pilot can tow up to 5,000 pounds, but only with the optional AWD.
Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot: Cargo Space & Features
The 2020 Volkswagen Atlas interior features are similar to what’s available in the 2020 Honda Pilot. These include a rearview camera display, USB ports, and a multi-function steering wheel. However, only in the impressive new Volkswagen Atlas will you find these features standard:
- 3 front power outlets
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Dual-zone climate control
- Roof rack
The Volkswagen Atlas interior is also more spacious than the new Honda Pilot. With the third row seats up, you get 33.7 inches of legroom, as opposed to the 31.9 in the Pilot. Additionally, folding the second and third row seats down expands in the Atlas will allow for a larger cargo area in comparison to the Pilot.
Find a Volkswagen Atlas for Sale at Barnes Crossing Volkswagen!
Our skilled staff is standing by to answer any questions you may have about the new Volkswagen Atlas for sale. Looking for a Volkswagen Atlas lease deal? Speak with our finance team to determine what price point works best for your budget. The best way to compare the 2020 Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot is to check out the impressive Atlas in person. Contact us to schedule a test drive today!
*Disclaimer: 2019 model year shown
More from Barnes Crossing Volkswagen